Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014


2014, yeah! A year of new beginnings. 2013 was a year that I'd be happy to never return to! Losing my Dad in March and watching my niece, Beth, battle a brain tumor were enough heart aches for me. So I am looking to 2014 to be the year of good health, wonderful family gatherings and lots of love shared with all.

My goal for this year is to get my home in order - that includes closets, attics, basements, garages and, of course, my sewing areas. We have been in this house for 22 years and the storage areas are exploding at the seams. 

Overall House:
To tackle the house I'm going to try following along with daily and weekly missions over at Home-Storage-Solutions-101. Realistically, I'll never stick with it on a daily basis but if I can try to make it part of my day when I'm home then there will certainly be progress.

Sewing Room:
I have come so close many times but then never finished. This is the time to purge the junk and finish. The following pictures show what a disaster area the rooms are now. In my defense, the rooms tend to become the dumping grounds when we have parties, gatherings, etc. So much of the clutter should be quickly dispersible. If you look closely you'll see that the shelves are in pretty good shape. I love the old kitchen cabinets donated to me by a girlfriend who was remodeling her kitchen (the plan is to paint them teal). And I LOVE the Ikea Billy bookshelves., it is the "dumping" that has done the rooms in.. So, I must tackle the piles!!  Hopefully this won't take more than a few work sessions.

Ironing table dumping ground
Charity sewing stuff dumped every where
You can see the color the cabinets will eventually be

If you look closely you'll see that the shelves are in pretty good shape. I love the old kitchen cabinets donated to me by a girlfriend who was remodeling her kitchen (the plan is to paint them teal). And I LOVE the Ikea Billy bookshelves. It is the "dumping" that has done the rooms in.. So, I must tackle the piles!!  Hopefully this won't take more than a few work sessions.
                                    


Floor dumping in front of Billy shelves

More floor dumping in front of other wall of Billy shelves

These are the fabrics for the pillowcases for Circle of Care.
UFOs (both mine and charity) waiting longarming
Large pieces for backings
Lots of UFO goodies hide under the longarm

So, before I can sew I have to clean up. Improvements will happen.

Oh yeah, one more thing, putting away Christmas decorations. I hate putting away Christmas decorations. This is about 3/4 of the 23 total totes to be refilled and put back in the the attic. The sooner the better as far as Patrick is concerned since they are taking up a big corner of his room.. :) I think I'll have him bring them all down to the living room and I'll tackle a few a day.

1 comment :

Mary said...

You could add one more goal- Blog more often. You are very Brave to take pictures of your sewing/quilting space.